Business Development Manager – Mining
Nord-Lock Group is an essential partner to the mining, construction, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative fastening solutions.
WHO WE ARE
Vision: To be the trusted global partner for critical bolted solutions.
Mission: To safeguard human lives and customer investments.
Values: Innovative Technologies, Unmatched Expertise, Global Partnership.
The primary objective of this position is to grow volume, revenue and margin of the Mining business segment for the Expander division of the Nord-Lock Group. This is done by generating and closing new opportunities, managing a new business pipeline, and driving growth. This individual will take the lead role in identifying, developing, and negotiating new and profitable business for mining.
As Business Development Manager – Mining, primary responsibilities include:
- Meet expected new business and financial objectives.
- Collaborating with the Director of Sales, assemble and execute an annual business plan that meets objectives for business development
- Work with Sales Manager to maximize margins of new opportunities
- Work closely with other Nord-Lock Group businesses and personnel for cross-selling opportunities and to identify new target accounts
- Identification and strong relationship building with all key decision makers at target accounts
- Drive improvement in customer loyalty and customer satisfaction
- Effectively utilize all sales and pipeline management tools available, including CRM and Business Intelligence reports and databases.
- Within CRM, maintain a sales funnel to include target and qualified prospects and opportunities.
- Work with key internal stakeholders to manage and drive project completion in an efficient and timely manner
- Effectively communicate with all applicable Nord-Lock Group departments and personnel to ensure execution and success of new opportunities.
- Drive continued improvements to tools utilized to manage existing business, current projects, and the prospecting pipeline
- Drive continued improvements to tools utilized to support current and future customer base
- Travel required: 50%+
This position reports to the Director of Sales – Expander - North America
- This position is remote.
- Must be located near a major airport.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years within a similar-type position and field.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to read, write, and speak English. Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
- Urgent recognition of new business trends and opportunities
- Must have a strong desire to succeed and be extremely proficient at identifying logical targets and driving those opportunities to closure
- Project Management experience a plus
- Must have a strong ability to develop trust and rapport with external and internal customers
- Must possess strong people skills such as personnel evaluation, presentations, and effectively communicate within all levels of organizations
- Ability to efficiently gather information and make decisions in a timely manner
- Possess mechanical aptitude and excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Possess computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other job-related software
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a passport.
- Must have the ability to pass all pre-employment testing including, but not limited to, background, MVR, and drug screening
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience including base salary, bonus opportunity and a competitive benefits program.
APPLY? If you are the one we are searching for, please send a CV and personal letter to SRAmericasHR@nord-lock.com no later than 30 April. We will not be accepting calls from recruitment agencies in relation to this position.