The CNC Operator is responsible for controlling operations of equipment or systems, performing a variety of tasks to support the facility and its manufacturing, and repairing of products.
- Ensures a safe and clean work environment by keeping work areas clean and organized
- Determines dimensions and tolerances, as needed
- Use basic measurement equipment such as micrometers and calipers
- Machine parts to specifications
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly and verifying that the product produced is in accordance with specifications
- Measure parts to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications
- Adjust equipment to achieve necessary outputs
- Determine the kind of tooling needed, monitor tool wear, and replace as necessary during machine operation
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to determine need for adjustments or repairs, and performing routine checks on coolant and way lube levels
- Investigates ways to minimize and/or eliminate duplication and non-value-added activities
- Participates in Lean/5S initiatives by affecting changes in workspaces
- This list in not all inclusive and may include other duties as assigned and necessary for the operation and management of the business.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent preferably with a minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work related documents
- Work requires the ability to lift and handle parts up to 50 lbs. and ability to use cranes for material movement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and develop relationships.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is a plus.
- Requires basic computer skills such as emailing and record keeping.
- Must possess the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and be willing to learn and improve in all skill areas.
To apply for this position please email your resume to HR at Pittsburgh_HR@nord-lock.com.