SALES SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Nord-Lock Group is an essential partner to the mining, construction, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative fastening solutions.
WHO WE ARE
Vision: To be the trusted global partner for critical bolted solutions.
Mission: To safeguard human lives and customer investments.
Values: Innovative Technologies, Unmatched Expertise, Global Partnership.
The Sales Support Specialist (SSS) is a part of the Sales Team and is responsible for providing the highest level of service to the Nord-Lock Group’s Regional Sales Managers (RSM) and Business Development Managers (BDM) and customers in conformance with established company policies and procedures. Process customer requests for information (RFI), requests for quotations (RFQ) and customer Purchase Orders (PO). The SSS communicates customer requirements to all company employees and management and maintains accurate and updated customer account records to ensure the best possible service is provided. The SSS has the primary responsibility for understanding customer requirements and supporting the sales team’s efforts to increase the sales and market penetration of the company.
In addition, this position requires data entry and administrative duties such as faxing, copying, filing and compiling data.
As SALES SUPPORT SPECIALIST, primary responsibilities include:
1- Sales/Sales Support.
- Works with RSM and BDMs by providing quotes and information necessary for them to do their job. Includes CADEX and CRM data entry related to Expander.
- Communicates and coordinates customer information and requests to Outside Sales team.
- Supports and executes strategic sales plan and marketing strategies, as outlined by the management team.
- Supports and executes sales through service, education and effective problem solving.
- Forecasts customer needs and proactively works to address them.
- Receives requests and fields complaints by telephone and email, analyses requests, provides information or ascertains who can best provide information and routes the requests to proper department or team member in the company.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations and/or Flowcharts
- Manages marketing initiatives to promote a reliable and consistent branding message.
2- Customer Service.
- Processes Requests for Information (RFI).
- Processes Requests for Quotation (RFQ).
- Serves as primary support resource for customer inquiries.
- Answers telephones, emails and faxes.
3- Account Management.
- Adds and maintains customer addresses and contact information in company database (CRM & CADEX).
- Ensures correct salesperson is assigned to customer.
- Market mapping and customer identification
4- Service and Product Knowledge
- Maintains knowledge of all current company services, products, schedules, programs and other similar data, as required.
- Participates in on-going training, as required, to continue learning and improving all skills.
- Understands and appropriately uses the company pricing systems and policies.
- Team Support
- Supports the company vision, mission and ISO 9001 policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to sales and management by collecting customer information and analysing customer needs.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing all other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
This position reports to the Director of Sales – Expander - North America
This position is based at our facility in DeWitt, IA or Clinton, PA.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High School Diploma or equivalent and/or 3+ years of Customer Service / Sales experience, or equivalent successful experience in a similar technical position, required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and develop relationships with both internal and external customers. Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
- Requires excellent time management skills, as well as written and oral communication skills, including email and telephone correspondence.
- Possess computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other job-related software
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and/or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is a plus.
- Must possess the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and be willing to learn and improve in all skill areas.
- Must have a strong ability to develop trust and rapport with external and internal customers
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record
- This position requires full time office hours and may require minimal domestic travel.
- Must have the ability to pass all pre-employment testing including, but not limited to, background, MVR, and drug screening
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience including base salary, bonus opportunity and a competitive benefits program.
APPLY? If you are the one we are searching for, please send a CV and personal letter to SRAmericasHR@nord-lock.com no later than 30 April. We will not be accepting calls from recruitment agencies in relation to this position.