Senior Procurement Buyer
We are recruiting a brand-new position for our new facility based in Clinton, PA. The role is a standalone role responsible for the purchasing, expediting, maintenance and evaluation of all materials for customer jobs. The position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
We are looking for an excellent communicator and relationship builder, who will be able to innovate the way we currently carry out our procurement procedures.
The main duties for the position include
- Negotiating delivery schedules and material prices to meet manufacturing requirements and job cost budgets.
- Partnering with Sales and Manufacturing Operations to lead purchased price negotiations and delivery to ensure the most cost-effective inventory and reorder levels.
- Evaluating the performance of existing suppliers and qualify new suppliers utilizing a Pre-production Approval Process (PPAP).
- Addressing root cause and corrective actions pertaining to supplier nonconformities
- Producing pricing documentation for proposal/quote support for sales
- Managing company database to maintain stocking levels of raw materials and other needed items for production
- Working closely and communicating with the Production Planning Department
You will have
- Minimum 5 years experience in procurement and material control
- Minimum of 3 years experience with MRP or other ERP tools
- Successful demonstration of Lean Manufacturing principles
- General knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software (MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel)
- Ability to analyze performance metrics and trends
- Ability to travel domestically, as well as international (up to 10%)
To apply for this position please send a CV to the Divisional HR Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be accepting calls from recruitment agencies in relation to this position.
Nord-Lock Group is the world leader in secure bolting solutions. With innovative products and broad expertise, the Nord-Lock Group has contributed to reliable and efficient bolted connections to customers in all major industries for over 35 years. With offices in over 25 countries and an export of over 90 percent of manufacturing, we offer local expertise and work closely with customers for applications where security is of the utmost importance. Our mission is to protect human lives and customers' investments. Nord-Lock Group is owned by Latour Investment AB, has a turnover of approximately SEK 1.3 billion and has over 600 employees. Visit www.nord-lock.com for more information.