Technical Application Engineer
As the Technical Application Engineer at the Nord-Lock Group, you will be part of the Business Unit Nord-Lock and provide technical support on all Nord-Lock Group (NLG) products and on bolted joints technologies to the regional customers (end-users, distributors, resellers) and sales staff.
This position will be based in our Clinton, PA site.
As a Technical Application Engineer on our team, you will:
- Be the technical advisor for all product technologies.
- Be the technical link between factory and Sales/Customers in the region.
- Be knowledgeable about bolted joints and shall be perceived as an expert in this field.
- Work to give the best possible experience for technicians and engineers who specify and use NLG products (➔ design, justification, installation, after-market).
- As field-oriented personnel, have contact with customers, directly or indirectly via sales colleague, is knowledgeable about applications and customer/industry routines, and can take part to on-site services with end-users (training, assistance, supervision).
- Deliver technical support to customers of the Nord-Lock Group by assisting customers to select the correct NLG product; provide technical justification of the well-design or well-use of NLG products, and is knowledgeable about bolted joints in general, and NLG product application.
- Position NLG as the preferred and trusted partner for bolted joints
- Maintain an elevated level of customer satisfaction.
- Be a technical link between Factory and Field (customers and sales teams)
- Advise customers and sales staff on NLG product selection.
- Deliver technical justification of the well-use and well-functioning of NLG products during the pre-sale activities.
- Collect and understanding of customer specifications; transfer to factory for the development of customized solutions (product design, product manufacturing, quality & inspection plan, user manual)
- Coordinate short- and long-term projects with sales representative and BU organization.
- Execution of on-site services: product installation and/or bolt preload measurement; training, supervision, or execution
- Deliver of technical training, in-house, on-site, or virtually
- Delivery of documentation
- Customer claims handling
- Liaise directly or indirectly with customers and record such activities in the CRM.
- Understand customer’s challenges and how to adapt.
- Function as the Voice of Customer (VoC) towards BU organization: can communicate and explain the customer’s or the industry’s requirements, demands, remarks, and claims.
- Communicate clear instructions and information to customers.
- Demonstrate the value generated by using NLG products (be an active part in value-based selling)
- Is autonomous in on-site activities (product training, assembly instruction, supervision, or execution)
- Maintain a good relationship with regional Sales and factory teams.
- Find the best way to answer to customer’s needs without compromising NLG’s capabilities (design, sourcing, manufacturing, lead-time, price)
- This list is not all inclusive and may include other duties as assigned and necessary for the operation and management of the business.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in an Engineering Technical Field with a minimum of 2 years' experience or equivalent successful experience in a similar industry
- Knowledgeable about bolted joints “state-of-the-art” such as design rules and models, components, coatings, friction, assembly techniques, tightening tools, verification tools & methods, applicable standards used in the bolting industry, manufacturing techniques of fasteners and mechanical components, etc.
- Experience in the Fastener industry and/or MRO preferred.
- Proficient with MS operating systems (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficiency with the CRM and other sales management tools.
- Goal orientated, able to manage sales goals, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable to understand/learn simple and complex applications in various industries field.
- Adviser in NLG’s product ranges and manufacturing capabilities
- Knows and networks with the key players in the regional bolting industry and in the customer’s industry segment.
- Has trainer abilities: good listener, explains well, and teaches well.
What we offer:
- International environment and dynamic workplace
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to develop and grow professionally.
- Competitive benefits including Medical, dental, vision & prescription drug plan, Paid Time Off, 10 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday, Christmas week off paid, and 401k retirement plan after 1000 hours worked.
We value diverse teams to work smarter and deliver solutions in a dynamic environment while offering challenging projects and opportunities to gain experience and develop for your success.
Join Nord-Lock Group's enthusiastic and purposeful sales team, where you will have the opportunity to showcase your expertise and contribute to the success of our globally renowned brand.
To apply for this position please email your resume to HR at Pittsburgh_HR@nord-lock.com