CNC Machinist- 1st & 2nd shift
The CNC Machinist is responsible for machining component parts for mechanical tensioning tools in compliance with technical engineered drawings, operation sheets, specifications and written or verbal instructions, as well as established company policies and procedures. Measures machined parts to detect defects, adjust equipment and monitor tool wear during machine operation, as necessary. The CNC Machinist is self-motivated and maintains a clean and safe work area. Participates in both individual and company-wide continuous improvement activities and programs. Openly communicates opportunities for improvement to company employees and management, as appropriate. Monitors and documents issues, according to the company’s Quality Management System (QMS – ISO 9001:2015) to drive continuous improvement.
In this role the CNC Machinist works under the direction of the Value Stream Manager and requires the exercise of independent judgement. This position regularly interacts with the Tensioning Division Engineering team and other members of the Value Stream, as well as individuals from all company departments. Work may require training and knowledge of the following: machining, operating procedures and use of hand and measuring tools used for quality inspection. This position is located at the Pittsburgh production site, requires full time hours, and may occasionally require overtime hours and/or flexible shifts.
- Adheres to safety programs and follows company safety policies and procedures, encouraging other employees to do the same.
- Reads and interprets instructions, procedures, and engineering drawings to machine products accurately and efficiently.
- Verifies work to be done by following appropriate dispatch lists and following job work orders.
- Uses basic measurement equipment such as calipers and thread gages to verify / inspect products for accuracy and uniformity during the machining processes.
- Performs machine set ups and operates machines.
- Confers with engineers, programmers, and production personnel to resolve machining concerns.
- Maintains precise manufacturing data in ERP, as needed.
- Understands and adheres to Quality Management System, properly documenting any issues.
- Manages, monitors, and maintains required tooling used in the manufacturing processes.
- Ensures a safe and clean work environment by keeping workspace clean and organized and performing daily machining cleaning / maintenance.
- Cross trains on multiple machines to increase machining knowledge and machining capabilities.
- Notifies Value Stream Manager of any equipment, material, or process issues and/or safety concerns and assists with maintaining of equipment.
- Maintains high quality standards for all machined products and reports scrap parts, as necessary.
- Investigates ways to minimize and/or eliminate duplication and non-value-added activities.
- Participates in Lean/5S initiatives by affecting changes in workspace.
- Follows all systems, policies, and procedures, as outline in the operating manual
- Organizes workflow to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Compiles, maintains, and files all required paperwork, records and documents, as directed.
- Manages correspondence efficiently and with good communication skills.
- Participates in training related to the company and/or job responsibilities.
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of CNC machining experience or equivalent successful experience in a similar technical position
- Willing and able to work a day or evening shift.
- Willing and able to work overtime as needed.
- Willing and able to commute to work as scheduled.
- Willing and able to safely operate a fork truck and overhead cranes.
- Analytical ability
- Proficiency with reading and understanding technical drawings and documents.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, as well as sound judgement, professionalism, confidentiality, and good decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize a high volume of work.
- Ability to make the most effective use of one’s own time and that of others.
- Commitment and dedication to continuous improvement, including but not limited to continuous learning and training opportunities that support job responsibilities and personal growth.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate acute attention to detail and a high level of accountability.
We value diverse teams that work smarter and deliver solutions in a dynamic environment while offering challenging projects and opportunities to learn and develop for your success.
Nord-Lock Group is the world leader in secure bolting solutions. With innovative products and broad expertise, the Nord-Lock Group has contributed to reliable and efficient bolted connections to customers in all major industries for over 35 years. With offices in over 25 countries and export of over 90 percent of manufacturing, we offer local expertise and work closely with customers for applications where security is of the utmost importance. Our mission is to protect human lives and customers' investments. Nord-Lock Group is owned by Latour Investment AB, has a turnover of approximately SEK 1.3 billion and has over 600 employees. Visit www.nord-lock.com for more information.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.90 - $31.00 per hour
What we offer:
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Parental leave
- Referral program
To apply for this position please email your resume to HR at