Industrial Equipment Maintenance
In this role, the Industrial Equipment Maintenance co-worker will have responsibility for production and quality by ensuring the machinery and mechanical equipment are kept in good working order, enabling a continuous production process.
Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Repair and rebuild pneumatic, electronic and mechanical components.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Read and interpret machine electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Troubleshoot programmable controllers, electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Participate in continuous improvement in safety and quality
- Ability to learn process, equipment specifications and company standards by actively consulting resources, associates, manuals, training department and policies.
- prefer computer literate, familiar with the Windows Operating system.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Good practical sense working with and troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Able to work with minimal supervision within a team environment.
- This list is not all inclusive and may include other duties as assigned and necessary for the operation and management of the business.
- High school diploma or G.E.D or with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in manufacturing, maintenance, or a machine shop with emphasis on electronics, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Must have a valid PA driver license
- Willing and able to use standard powered and non-powered tools
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and use of a crane for parts over 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to work at heights
- Willing and able to work flexible hours as needed
- Associate degree from a Career Trade Center with completed courses, including but not limited to, mechanical drawing, mathematics, blueprint reading, computer programming and/or electronics.
- Mechanical aptitude/ability with a basic understanding of how things work.
- Previous experience preferred with operating and/or performing predictive and/or preventative, maintenance on machines.
- Willing and able to learn machines and processes.
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is a plus.
- Proficient with MS operating systems (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work well with others.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and willing and able to learn and improve in all skill areas.
- Follows all systems, policies, and procedures.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail.
- Organizes workflow to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Compiles, maintains, and files all required paperwork, records, and documents, as directed.
- Participates in training related to the company and/or job responsibilities.
To apply for this position please email resume to the HR mailbox Pittsburgh_HR@nord-lock.com.