Quality Technician - 1st & 2nd shift
This position ensures that materials and products meet quality requirements before being received, stocked, or used in the fulfillment of customer orders.
The Quality Technician is self-motivated and maintains a clean and safe work area. Participates in both individual and company-wide continuous improvement activities and programs. Openly communicates opportunities for improvement to company employees and management, as appropriate. Monitors and documents issues, according to the company’s Quality Management System (QMS – ISO 9001:2015) to drive continuous improvement.
In this role the Quality Technician works under the direction of the Quality Manager and requires the exercise of independent judgement. This position regularly interacts with members of the Value Stream, as well as individuals from all company departments. Work may require training and knowledge of the following: machining, operating procedures and use of hand and measuring tools used for quality inspection. This position is located at the Clinton, PA production site, requires full time hours, and may occasionally require overtime hours and/or flexible shifts.
- Adheres to safety programs and follows company safety policies and procedures, encouraging other employees to do the same.
- Uses measurement equipment such as calipers and thread gages to verify / inspect products for accuracy and uniformity.
- Will provide support for final, receiving and in-process inspections.
- Understanding and utilization of an ERP system.
- Assist Production in problem solving to minimize product issues.
- Communicates with engineers, sales, programmers, and production personnel to resolve machining concerns and any product deviations.
- Understands and adheres to Quality Management System, properly documenting any issues.
- Manages, monitors, and maintains required tooling used in the inspection processes.
- Ensures a safe and clean work environment by keeping workspace clean and organized and performing daily cleaning.
- Investigates ways to minimize and/or eliminate duplication and non-value-added activities.
- Participates in Lean/5S initiatives by affecting changes in workspace.
- Organizes workflow to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Compiles, maintains, and files all required paperwork, records, and documents, as directed.
- Manages correspondence efficiently and with good communication skills.
- Participates in training related to the company and/or job responsibilities.
- This list is not all inclusive and may include other duties as assigned and necessary for the operation and management of the business.
- A High School Diploma/GED or Associates from a Career Training/Technical School
- Previous quality control/assurance experience preferred with a minimum of 2 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Willing and able to work a day or evening shift.
- Willing and able to work overtime as needed.
- Willing and able to commute to work as scheduled.
- Willing and able to safely operate a fork truck and overhead cranes.
- Analytical ability
- Proficiency with reading and understanding technical drawings and documents.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, as well as sound judgement, professionalism, confidentiality, and good decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize a high volume of work.
- Ability to make the most effective use of one’s own time and that of others.
- Commitment and dedication to continuous improvement, including but not limited to continuous learning and training opportunities that support job responsibilities and personal growth.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate acute attention to detail and a high level of accountability.
We value diverse teams that work smarter and deliver solutions in a dynamic environment while offering challenging projects and opportunities to learn and develop for your success.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00- $26.00 per hour
What we offer:
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Parental leave
- Referral program
To apply for this position please email your resume to HR at