Torquelator by Nord-Lock
Torquelator calculates preload and the corresponding torque for bolted joints secured with Nord-Lock original washers and Nord-Lock X-series washers. The web application can be used on any mobile device – so you can easily make calculations on-site, without having to carry a brochure around with you.
- Two calculation methods (Kellermann&Klein and VDI2230)
- Select between Metric and Imperial
- Nord-Lock washer torque guidelines for fine or coarse thread
- Option of predefined or customized value for lubricants
- Easily calculate the correct tightening torque and preload, wherever you are
- App is available on computer and all mobile devices
- No need to carry around torque table for bolt tightening with you
How does it work?
- Select the calculation method
- Select the size of your bolt
- Select the bolt grade
- Select the lubricant or enter your own friction coefficients
Find the application on your app store.
The Importance of Torque and Preload
The first step to a secure bolted joint is achieving the correct torque and preload. Torque tightening involves applying a known rotational force to the assembly to achieve what’s known as preload, or clamp load. This is the tension in the bolt, which has been specified by the design engineer for best performance of the machinery. Torque tightening using correctly calibrated tools is normally sufficient to achieve a good preload for most industrial bolted joints. Remember that torque varies when tightening and untightening.