Nord-Lock Privacy Highlights
- This website is operated by Nord-Lock International AB, reg. no.: 556610-5739 (“Nord-Lock”, “we”, “us”), a company incorporated under Swedish law, whose principal place of business is at S:t Johannesgatan 1D, 211 46 Malmö, Sweden.
- You will be able to access most of the website without registering your personal data with Nord-Lock.
- Certain sections of the website require that you provide us with some information about yourself. Such sections may include the page for e-commerce for when you place an order with us, or the page for recruitment when you submit a job application with us. These sections may ask you to provide information such as, but not limited to, your name, your email and your address.
- We are part of an international group of companies and share administrative systems. We may therefore share some or all of your personal data with affiliates for administrative purposes, or for the legitimate business purposes described below.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the links below for further information
Last Modified: 2018-05-18
Privacy Notice Full Text
Last Modified: 2018-05-18
Table of Contents
- Our Principles
- Personal data we collect
- How and why we use personal data
- When and how we share information with others
- Data subjects rights
- Security of your information
- Data storage and retention
- Change and updates of the privacy notice
- Questions, concerns or complaints
- Additional Services
This website is operated by Nord-Lock International AB, reg no.: 556610-5739 (“Nord-Lock”, “we, “us”), a company incorporated under Swedish law, whose principal place of business is at S:t Johannesgatan 1D, 211 46 Malmö, Sweden. Nord-Lock provides mechanical solutions to both private consumers and companies, in the form of products and services.
This Privacy Notice describes Nord-Lock’s policies and practices regarding its collection and use of your personal data and sets forth your privacy rights. We recognise that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and so we will from time to time update this Privacy Notice as we undertake new personal data practices or adopt new privacy policies.
Through our website, you can get information about our products and services, as well as contact us for possible orders. Our affiliate Expander System Sweden AB, reg. no.: 556392-6442 as well as Nord-Lock International AB, reg. no.: 556610-5739 offers e-commerce services. When this Privacy Notice mentions placing an order with us, Expander Systems Sweden AB or Nord-Lock International AB is the data controller for the orders placed via an e-commerce page. As is mentioned in the beginning of this page, this Privacy Notice is applicable for all our affiliates and their services.
2. Our Principles
We do our best to protect your privacy by using security technology appropriately. This means that:
- We make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your personal data; and
- We make sure that when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures.
- We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing (whether by email, post, SMS or telephone) only from us and, if you agree, from other organisations we have carefully chosen.
- We will make sure it is clear when you can make choices regarding our marketing to you. When you place an order or register with us, we might offer you certain additional products (such as our Bolted Magazine or email newsletters). You will always have the option to opt out of receiving these extra products if you do not wish to receive them. However, we may email you, or send you an SMS, occasionally with information or questions about your order.
- We will collect and use individual user details only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to manage orders or recruitment applications.
- We will be clear and transparent about what information about you we collect and how we will use it.
- We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
- We may transfer certain information out of the European Union and European Economic Area (EEA), to our affiliates. This will only be done with the relevant protection (stated under applicable data protection legislation) being in place.
3. Personal data that we collect
Collection of personal data
Nord-Lock collects personal data about its customers and website visitors. We do not sell personal information to anyone and only share it with third parties who are facilitating the delivery of our products and services.
Personal data you provide to us
When using certain services, you provide us with personal information directly. When you place an order, become a member/user, or submit a job application with us, we will ask you to provide the following information:
- your name and/or company name
- your email address;
- your mobile phone number; and
- your shipping and/or billing address.
When applicable we may also ask you to provide us with additional information, such as debit or credit card information, or previous work experience.
When you visit our website, we collect certain information about you, for the purposes described in section 4.
As is true of most other websites, Nord-Lock’s website collects certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, the region or general location of your computer or device, browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of our website, including a history of the pages you view.
When navigating through our Website, we collect information, including, IP addresses, cookies and web beacons to generate statistics and measure site activity for the benefit of nord-lock.com users. Such data is not telling us who you are or revealing any other information of a personal nature.
Your correspondence with Nord-Lock
If you correspond with us by email, the postal service, or other form of communication, we may keep such correspondence and the information contained in it (for example your name, e-mail, additional contact information as well as any personal information you provide in free text form) and use it to respond to your inquiry; to notify you of publications or other services; or to keep a record of your complaint, question, request, and the like. As always, if you wish to have Nord-Lock “erase” your personal information or otherwise refrain from communicating with you, please contact us at email@example.com
Note: if you ask us not to contact you by email at a certain email address, we will retain a copy of that email address on a “do not send” list, to comply with your no-contact request.
What happens if you do not provide us with your data
You can use our website without providing us with any of your personal data. However, you will not be able to create a membership account without providing us with your essential data for the provision of that account and you may not order products without providing Nord-Lock with essential data for the performance of the contract.
You can choose to only enter the minimal amount of mandatory information when making a purchase or when creating an account.
4. How and why we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the purposes described below.
Managing orders: When you place an order with us, we need certain information to manage and complete your order. For the purposes of delivering your order, contacting you with information about your order, as well as administering your payment, we process your name, your contact information, as well as any additional necessary information such as billing address or credit card details.
Providing you with relevant marketing – email,post and telephone: When you place an order with us, or become a member, you will be asked to provide us with your email address and your shipping address. This information will be used for, in addition to the purpose of managing your order, marketing purposes. We appreciate you as a customer, and we hope that you will keep coming back to Nord-Lock. To keep you updated about Nord-Lock we will send you newsletters and advertisement about our products and services. You will also receive our magazine Bolted, free of charge, which is filled with interesting cases and insights from the world of bolting. If you do not wish to receive these offers, you will always have the option to opt out of receiving them, by un-clicking relevant boxes when you are asked to provide your email or shipping/billing address. If you first wish to receive these offers and newsletters, but then change your mind, you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to manage or cancel your subscription.
Customer support: As is mentioned above in section 3, certain information that you provide to us when you contact us is stored and processed in order to best manage your inquiry with us. When you become a member or place an order with us, your contact information will be stored in order for us to quickly gain access to your order or your membership account details, so we can help you with your inquiry as effectively as possible.
Other Purposes: If we intend to use any personal data in any manner that is not consistent with this Privacy Notice, you will be informed of such anticipated use prior to or at the time the personal data is collected. Alternatively, we will obtain your permission after such collection but prior to such use.
5. When and how we share information with others
We share your personal data when it is necessary for the performance of a contract.
When you provide payment data to pay for your purchase, we will share this payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
For the purpose of managing your order, we may disclose your personal information to our affiliates and service partners (i.e. companies we've hired to provide customer support or assist in protecting and securing our systems) that are entrusted to process your information on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, this Privacy Notice and other appropriate measures for privacy and security.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we have good reasons to believe that access, use, retention or disclosure of such information is reasonable necessary to:
- comply with any court order or other legal obligation;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of Nord-Lock, its franchisees, or others
6. Data subjects rights
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation as well as other countries’ privacy laws provide certain rights for data subjects. You will find good explanation of them (in English) on the website of the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
This Privacy Notice is intended to provide you with information about what personal data Nord-Lock collects about you and how it is used. If you have concerns or questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you wish to confirm that Nord-Lock is processing your personal data, or if you wish to gain access to the personal data we may have about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may at any time write to us at S:t Johannesgatan 1D, 211 46 Malmö, Sweden.
You also have the right to request information about:
- the purpose of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- who else outside Nord-Lock might have received the data from us;
- what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly to Nord-Lock); and
- how long it will be stored.
You have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by Nord-Lock if it is inaccurate. You may request that Nord-Lock erases that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions.
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns Nord-Lock’s processing of your personal data. When technically feasible, Nord-Lock will—at your request—provide your personal data to you or transfer it directly to another controller.
Reasonable access to the personal data that Nord-Lock stores about you, will be provided to you at no cost upon request made to email@example.com. If access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, Nord-Lock will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, Nord-Lock will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
7. Security of your information
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of our website, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. Our security technology is updated and tested on an ongoing basis.
We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know the information to provide services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information.
We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees' privacy responsibilities.
8. Data storage and retention
Your personal data is stored by Nord-Lock on its servers.
Nord-Lock retains personal data for as long as necessary to be able to provide you with our services, and to fulfil the purposes set out in section 4 above. Different types of data may be stored different amounts of time, due to certain criteria.
The criteria that determines how long we store your personal data may be:
For how long is the personal data needed for us to be able to provide you with products and services? This includes, among other things, maintaining and improving the performance of products and services, protecting our systems, and administering necessary business and accounting information. This is the general rule underlying the calculation of most storage periods.
Is the personal data considered sensitive? In these cases the storage period is usually shorter.
Have you, as a data subject, consented to a longer storage period? In these cases we store the information longer, with your consent.
Do we have legal, contractual or other similar obligations to store the data? Examples of this may include mandatory legislation on retention of information, such as for accounting reasons, government orders to store data which is relevant for surveys or data that must be retained for resolving a possible dispute.
For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aggregated data: Aggregated data is collected and processed to monitor and evaluate user trends on the website. This means that information about your actions on our website is collected and then anonymised in a way that means we cannot link the information back to you any longer. We use this anonymous information about how our users use our services for statistics, service improvement and product development. This data will be completely anonymous and does not constitute personal data. It may therefore be stored a longer time than your personal information.
Anonymisation means that data which was once personal information is stripped away of anything that may connect it to an individual, as well as being severed from anything that in the future might make it possible to reconnect this data to an individual. This de-personalisation treatment of data is one step further than the process of pseudonymisation, which means keeping certain information apart, to make it harder to identify an individual using this data.
Third Party Links: This Privacy Notice does not apply to any personal data that you provide to another user through the website or through any other means.
Children: Nord-Lock does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), please do not submit any personal data through our website. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce our Privacy Notice by instructing their children never to provide personal data through the Services without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us through the Services, please email us at email@example.com, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
10. Changes and updates to the Privacy Notice
As our services and products may change from time to time, so will our website. Because of this, our Privacy Notice is expected to change as well. We reserve the right to amend the Privacy Notice at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the amended Privacy Notice at our website, to the extent permitted by applicable law. When mandated by law, we will provide you with appropriate message of any proposed changes. We recommend that you check our website frequently to see the current Privacy Notice that is in effect and any changes that may have been made to it.
11. Questions, concerns & complaints
To ask questions or comment about our Notice and our privacy practices, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org