Customer Support Specialist
The Customer Support Specialist (CSS) is a part of the Customer Support Team and is responsible for providing the highest level of service to the Nord-Lock Group’s customers in conformance with established company policies and procedures. Process customer requests for information (RFI), requests for quotations (RFQ) and customer Purchase Orders (PO). The CSS communicates customer requirements to all company employees and management and maintains accurate and updated customer account records to ensure the best possible service is provided. The CSS has the primary responsibility for understanding customer requirements and supporting the sales executives’ efforts to increase the sales and market penetration of the company. In addition, this position requires data entry and administrative duties such as faxing, copying, filing and compiling data.
As CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST, primary responsibilities include:
- Processes Requests for Information (RFI).
- Processes Requests for Quotation (RFQ).
- Reviews and Processes Customer Purchase Orders.
- Serves as primary support resource for customer inquiries.
- Answers telephones, emails and faxes.
- Facilitates shipping instructions.
- Processes returns for standard products.
- Provides tracking information / Sales Order updates.
- Collects customer credit card information and processes credit card payments.
- Prepares New Customer Documents.
- W9s, Banking information, Supplier questionnaires.
- Credit applications and credit cover sheets.
- Adds and maintains customer addresses and contact information in company database (CRM).
- Ensures correct sales person is assigned to customer.
- Maintains customer notes in company database (CRM).
- Creates PowerPoint presentations and/or Flowcharts.
- Supports strategic sales plan and marketing strategies, as outlined by the management team.
- Supports sales through service, education and effective problem solving.
- Forecasts customer needs and proactively works to address them.
- Receives requests and fields complaints by telephone and email, analyzes requests, provides information or ascertains who can best provide information and routes the requests to proper department or team member in the company.
- Communicates and coordinates customer information and requests to Outside Sales team.
4-Service and Product Knowledge
- Maintains knowledge of all current company services, products, schedules, programs and other similar data, as required.
- Participates in on-going training, as required, to continue learning and improving all skills.
- Understands and appropriately uses the company pricing systems and policies.
- Supports the company vision, mission and ISO 9001 policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to sales and management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing all other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Maintains positive and professional relationships with all departments to complete projects and resolve issues.
- Serves as a primary internal representative of the company.
- Internal Continuous Improvement
- Assists in the development of project plans and efforts to improve organization and customer service.
- Organizes cross-departmental meetings for on-going projects.
- Follows all systems, policies and procedures, as outlined in the operating manual.
- Organizes workflow to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Compiles, maintains and files all required paperwork, records and documents, as directed.
- Manages telephone calls and emails professionally, efficiently and with good communication skills.
- Completes timesheets, expense reports and all other administrative documents.
- This position reports to the Customer Support and Projects Manager - North America
- This position is based at our facility in Clinton, PA.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High School Diploma or equivalent and/or 3+ years of Customer Service / Sales experience, or equivalent successful experience in a similar technical position, required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and develop relationships with both internal and external customers. Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
- Requires excellent time management skills, as well as written and oral communication skills, including email and telephone correspondence.
- Possess computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other job-related software
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and/or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is a plus.
- Must possess the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and be willing to learn and improve in all skill areas.
- Must have a strong ability to develop trust and rapport with external and internal customers
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record
- This position requires full time office hours and may require minimal domestic travel.
- Must have the ability to pass all pre-employment testing including, but not limited to, background, MVR, and drug screening
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience including base salary, bonus opportunity and a competitive benefits program.